Playa and Famiglia
| This long holiday (Day of the Dead) I went to the beach with my family... I thought it would be enough to take an issue out of my mind, but it didnt work... Along the road, some stamps of my country... we took the long way, covering about 300 Km or so... When we arrived to the next "prefecture" (we call em provinces), made some family pix... Something I saw along the road, common for us but perhaps unusual for foreigner friends, is the phoenomena of the Day of the Dead... People attends cemeteries with food, drinks, children, etc; to spend the day with their beloved Dead... Eventually we arrived to the ancient town of Jipijapa (historically written Xipixapa)... The best Jipijapa thing is probably the fish "ceviche" with peanuts butter (and my friend Pichula)... After Jipijapa, we reached Puerto Cayo, place where I´ve spent wonderful moments with Pichula and my beloved La Chan, in a past life... Ja, ja, ja, I just remembered once I argued with La Chan in Puerto Cayo and returned home one day earlier that scheduled saying that "I had to wash my backpack"... Is so funny now! From Puerto Cayo to Puerto López, we crossed a tunnel made of trees... I forgot to say, this long route we took is called the Route of the Sun, along most beaches in 2 provinces... In Puerto López, we had some food and rested... All these towns are fishermen´s... We hit the road again, but stopped by a beautiful beach hostal... There are plenty of hostals this way along the Route of the Sun... Naturist posers... The road started to appear kinda harsh... But it didnt prevent me from enjoying the beauty of the surroundings... Finally, we reached a sanctuary to the Virgin in Olón... The view from the sanctuary is just outstanding... Thinking about my issue... I started feeling almost religious... But not too much!!! The town next to Olón (home of piety) is Montañita (Sodom and Gomorrah), a surfer´s, foreigner´s and mary jane smoker´s paradise... In Montañita I visited the ruined church, and said a sacrilege mass... (just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!) That night, once we arrived home, went with uncles for 1st: beer, and 2nd: breakfast for the next day... Morning in the beach house, and the living´s easy.... Shower, breakfast and we all moved to a nice museum and restaurant on top of a hill next to the sea (sorry, dont know the word in english), called Farallón Dillon.... Again, the view was magnificent... The caipiriña (sugarcane alcohol + lemon + sugar) I took helped a lot too... I started noticing details such as: Flag of the People´s Republic of Angola... Parrot on my mother... Beholder´s site (en español esto se llama "carajo", de ahí la expresión "vete al carajo")... Family... Andy-kun, I found links to you everywhere (in a completely straight way)... This pic is just for you!!! We sat at the beach and suddenly the hunger of kombat was born within me.... Even the Ancient ones felt like sword fighting... Later went to have some food with mutter... There saw the cutest baby ever... Im concerned, I´m liking babies too much... Perhaps is time to have one... That nite, again no nightclubing, because of the flu I´m suffering I prefered to stay home and drink with uncles, and watch nasty horror movies... The next day I spent it with my friends Omar & Alice, their babies and some friends... Again we all ate one of our most delicious meals: "bollo", made out of plantains, fish and peanut butter... Oishikatta yo! Bollo eating mother and baby... Bollo eating father... Ceviche (shrimp-based) eating uncle... Cute picture of mother and daughter... That nite I decided to return to Guayaquil, my city... Last good-bye to mutter and took the bus to home... Arrived late and went to bed, like a good boy... |
































































