Kamakura and good-bye to the Kado family
| After a few hours of sleep, and a light hangover, I went to Yokohama to meet Andy... The final destination: Kamakura! My damn cell phone died, so it took me some time to find Andy. Finally we saw each other and took the train for Kamakura... In Kamakura, as in Kyoto, rickshamen! Cute local train for Hase, the place of the Great Buddha... Me, looking as a tourist in the entrance to the Hase Kannon shrine...![]() Armory, the evil shop guy didn't allowed me to have a picture with the giant sword... This is Albarnos, a Moroccan old man who speaks spanish! From Albarnos-san, Andy bought a shiny omiyage for Kyouko-chan... Lunchtime, a massive chinese set... Andy after eating, 2 Kg heavier... I only dared to look at him through the mirror... The Kamakura Daibutsu, the Great Budhha, the 2nd largest in Japan after the one in Nara.![]() I am an atheist, I think religion and spirituality are resources for the weak... But before the Buddha, I feel respect....![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() We headed then to the Hase-dera, a temple of Kannon (Kuan Yin), a female deity related to the Buddha. The large wooden statue of Her has a crown with 18 heads... Unfortunately no pictures of the godess are allowed... This is an internet (probably ilegally taken) picture of Kannon... The Hase-dera also has a system of caves, containing statues of deities... Andy and me lighted two candles after writing our names on them, and offered to deities while asking for...Andy: peace of mind Me: love... Caves were interconected by narrow and low-ceiling passages... And more Buddha-related deities.... The shrine terrains are beautiful, plenty of details as only the Japanese can conceive...![]() Even this falcon (I guess) was in harmony with the environment... From the resting area, we could watch the nearby beach... The next destination!![]() In our way to da beach, we found a candy shop decorated with all kind of 70's anime robot characters.... El Gladiador, cuyo cuerpo es la cabeza del Gran Dragon del Espacio...![]() The beach was full of surfers, male and female... Quite dirty too... ![]() Andy captured my rest... We stayed for a while, and then started the long way back home...In the way back to the eki, we found this small shrine-park.. Andy featuring Atlas, holding the tori...![]() In the Hase station... Andy is so genki that he works-out even in the train... In Yokohama eki, our last genki-cha together... Akio Kado, you are my best friend in Japan, I feel honored for your friendship, and shocked by your kindness. Good luck in Germany, and let me tell you that otousan is right... you are a good man. Kyouko-chan Kado, Andy is very lucky of having such a wonderful woman as you are. Thank you for everything! Enjoy the after-IUJ life, and please keep on learning Spanish ... Hope to see you again someday and somewhere!![]() Postdata: Kyou-chan did like her souvenir!!! ![]() Eventually, I arrived home... |



















































